Gain More Consistency, Control and Confidence with Your Chipping, Putting and Bunker Game at the Golf University Short Game Mastery Workshop / Tournament at the beautiful Arundel Hills and RACV Royal Pines Golf Resort from December 7-9, 2015
Golf University in conjunction with Mark Gibson the Dual winner of the PGA Australian Teacher of the Year and Triple Winner of the PGA Queensland Teacher of the Year have created a Short Game solution that will build greater Consistency and Confidence in your game – it’s called the Short Game Mastery Workshop and it’s the secret to your Pin-Point Accuracy, Control and Consistency with your Chipping, Putting and Bunker Play.
IMAGINE…getting your ball so close to the pin, you’ll get a “gimme” on almost every hole!
IMAGINE…chipping it in from the fringe – effortlessly, like you see the pros do!
IMAGINE…shaving 10 strokes off your game without even worrying about lengthening your drives!
Well it’s time to stop imagining because the secret is in your short game – around the greens.
Just by concentrating on your chipping, putting and bunker play you can become a near “scratch” golfer, even if you can’t drive the ball more than 200 yards!
Your friends will start calling you “Mr One Putt”
The Short Game Mastery Workshop includes a 2 hour Short Game Mastery Class each day and will cover:
- The fundamental Chipping and Bunker Mastery Techniques -that will become the corner stone of your Chipping and Bunker ability,
- How to choose the right clubs so you can judge and control your Chipping and Bunker distance
- How to vary your ball flights so you can apply them to different playing conditions on the golf course
- Other Chipping and Bunker Drills that you can use as part of your practice or warm-up routine, like:
- The Chip n Run
- The Bump n Run
- The 10-30 metre Pitch and even…
- How to Master the Flop Shot
- We’ll also address tricky lies and how to handle them.
And for your Putting you will learn;
- How to read uphill, downhill and breaking greens more effectively
- How to putt with better speed and distance control so that you never 3-putt ever again!
You’ll also get to send in any questions or challenges you have before the Workshop so we can tailor the sessions with your requirements in mind and ensure that your Short Game improvement is permanent.
After the Short Game Mastery Class each day, we’ll play 18 holes of Golf on the beautiful Arundel Hills and RACV Royal Pines Golf Resort, which will also double as a three day golf tournament.
You’ll get to test out all of your new Short Game Skills and compete for great prizes at the same time.
The Golf University Short Game Mastery Workshop is Limited to ONLY 25 Players
Guaranteeing you receive highly personalized attention.
Register below to avoid disappointment!
Dates / Times:
Monday 7 December, 2015
Class starts at: 9.30am
Golf Tournament starts at: 12noon – 4.30pmish
Tuesday 8 December, 2015
RACV Royal Pines
Class starts at: 9am
Golf Tournament starts at: 11.30am – 4pmish
Wednesday 9 December, 2015
RACV Royal Pines
Class starts at: 9am
Golf Tournament starts at: 11.30am – 4pmish
The course layout is exceptional – designed to challenge the best or to be played as hard or relaxed as individual players choose. The great Australian champion, Norman Von Nida, pronounced the course as the best in Australia, describing it as “perfect… perfect tees, perfect fairways, greens shaped and manicured to perfection.”
RACV Royal Pines
With a 27 hole composite golf course and state-of-the-art driving range, RACV Royal Pines Resort offers the best in world-class golfing for both the amateur and serious golfer.
Arundel Hills Golf and Country Club, Arundel Place, Arundel, Queensland, 4214.
Golf University Workshop / Tournament : $650* ($595 Early Bird Special if paid before Friday November 20, 2015)
- 3 day Golf University Short Game Mastery Workshop
- 3 Rounds of Golf with shared cart
- Tournament Entry
RACV Royal Pines Golf Resort (room includes breakfast for two)
- Mountain View Room (Twin Double Beds) $209 per night
- Superior Room (Twin Double or a King Bed) $239 per night
- Superior Spa Room (King Bed) $299 per night
Pay before Friday November 20 and a receive a $55 Discount and get the Golf University Chipping Mastery Video Series valued at $97, for FREE.
How to Register:
Pay Online via our Secure Server Here
For other enquiries contact 1300 886 127
Only 25 playing spots are available so BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment!
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Do I need an official handicap to participate? No – the emphasis of the workshops / tournaments is on learning (more than the tournament itself – which is more about keeping you focused on what you have learned and playing on great golf courses) so you do not need an official handicap – If you do not have a handicap we will make one up for you for the tournament.
2) I have only just started playing golf recently, can I still register and will the workshops be relevant to me? Absolutely the workshops are all about learning and growing as a golfer and all tuition will be applicable to all levels – we will also aim to match you up with playing partners of similar playing ability in the tournament.
3) What is your wet weather policy? The workshops will go ahead regardless of weather (so bring wet weather gear) but if the course is unplayable for the tournament component the golf course / resort will usually give a credit to either play the course at a later date / or a refund – depending on the terms and conditions of the course being played. *Because each course is different and if you are still concerned please ask at the time of booking and we will finalise the weather policy with the course at the time.
4) What is the ratio of coaches to students? This is decided depending on the number of registrations. We want you to receive as much value from and time with the coach as possible so usually if we get more than 16 students we will aim to get another coach, however Golf University reserves the right to decide this if and when we choose is appropriate.
5) What if I am a member at the golf course you are running the workshop(s) – do I have to pay for the green fee component? Usually the golf course will refund the golf rounds component (minus golf cart – depending on their memberships arrangement) – please ask at the time of booking if you are a member and we will check with the golf course and then invoice you appropriately.
6) What happens if the workshop / tournament is cancelled? Obviously our intent is for the workshop(s) never to be cancelled but if we do not get the forecasted numbers (or there are any unforeseen circumstances) we will make a call atleast 7 days prior to the workshop. It is highly recommended that all participants organize Travel Insurance to cover any air fare or accommodation bookings relating to the workshops and we would refund any workshop or green fees (depending on the golf courses terms and conditions) – if you have any concerns please enquire at the time of your booking.
7) If I register as an Early Bird, when do I get my bonus videos? A link to the bonus videos (which are viewable online via your computer, tablet or smart phone) will be sent to you in an email within a week of the workshop – there will also be other opportunities to buy other Golf University Skill Mastery Video Series at the workshops as a DVD and / or as online videos.
29 APRIL – 2 MAY, 2016.
The most intriguing golf development in recent Australian history just got even more exciting with the announcement of the Golf Link and iseekgolf King Island tournament and Golf University Tour.
RETURN AIRFARES ON A PRIVATE AIRCRAFT (FOKKER 50) EX MELBOURNE
AIRLINE AND AIRPORT TAXES
4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION / TWIN SHARE
HOT BREAKFAST DAILY
2 X GOLF UNIVERSITIES (4 HOURS TUITION IN TOTAL – 2 GROUPS OF 15)
2 X 18 HOLES OF GOLF (CAPE WICKHAM + OCEAN DUNES)
SHARED GOLF CARTS PER ROUND
1 X 9 HOLES OF GOLF (KING ISLAND LINKS)
BUGGY PER ROUND
3 X BREAKFASTS
3 X LUNCHES
3 X DINNERS (INCLUDING WELCOME AND PRESENTATION DINNERS IN THEIR BEST RESTAURANTS)
ALL COACH TRANSFERS
KING ISLAND DAIRY VISIT TO PURCHASE LOCAL PRODUCE (PRIOR TO BOARDING FLIGHT)
GOLF LINK / ISEEKGOLF HAT AND TOURNAMENT SHIRT
KING ISLAND WELCOME PRODUCE PACK IN ROOM
TOUR ESCORTS AND GOLF PROS
Places for the three night/four day golf filled extravaganza are sure to sell out fast with an amazing itinerary already set.
The Island’s Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes courses are the two most talked about layouts of recent memory and rounds at each are just the beginning of the excitement on this exclusive tour.
With a PGA Professional on hand all four days there is four hours of dedicated expert tuition included plus access to the pro during a pre-tournament practice round.
Day one sees golfers flying Private Charter to the Island where a feast of golf awaits including two hours of Golf University followed by a practice round with the pro at the spectacular nine hole King Island Links course.
Wind down after a hectic day at the Welcome Dinner before the real golf begins on day two.
Round One of the inaugural Golf Link and iseekgolf event takes place at the breathtaking Ocean Dunes course on Day Two with competition for the title expected to be fierce.
Also on day two is the second session of the Golf University, perfect timing to iron out any kinks in the game discovered during the first round before dinner at the highly regarded Ocean Dunes pub.
Day Three dawns with everything to play for as the second and final round of the tournament gets underway at the stunning Cape Wickham course.
Already rated by many as one of the five best in Australia, this will truly be a special experience, playing one of the country’s great golf courses with an important title on the line.
This perfect day is capped off by a special Presentation Dinner at the Wild Harvest Restaurant where every dish on the menu is based on the famous produce sourced directly on the island.
Not only will the food be special so, too, will the prizes on offer, a fitting end to a fabulous journey to one of the most unique and exotic golf destinations in the world.
For more details and to book your place on this once in a lifetime trip click below.
Island -Breeze -Room
DRINKS AND BEVERAGES
ADDITIONAL TRANSFERS OTHER THAN SPECIFIED ON ITINERARY
EXCESS BAGGAGE (INCLUDED IS 15 KG FOR CHECKIN AND 6 KG FOR CABIN BAGGAGE)
SINGLE CARTS AS SOLE USE SURCHARGE APPLIES
SINGLE ROOM COSTS ON APPLICATION
Ocean -Dunes -1
KING ISLAND TOURNAMENT ITINERARY:
29 APR 16: 09:00 AM DEPART MELBOURNE ESSENDON AIRPORT
10:00 AM ARRIVE KING ISLAND
10:45 AM TRANSFER TO KING ISLAND LINKS COURSE (CURRIE – 15 MINS DRIVE)
11:30 AM GOLF UNI 1 WITH GOLF PROFESSIONAL – KING ISLAND LINKS COURSE – 2 HRS
1:30 PM LUNCH
2:30 PM GOLF ROUND – 9 HOLES TOURNAMENT PRACTICE ROUND
7:00 PM WELCOME DINNER
10:00 PM RETURN TO HOTEL
30 APR 16: 07:30 AM BREAKFAST AT ISLAND BREEZE
07:45 AM TRANSFER TO OCEAN DUNES
08:15 AM TEE OFF – 18 HOLES (2 X 9 HOLES) SNACK BOXES PROVIDED
2:00 PM LUNCH (COLD LUNCH AT KING ISLAND LINKS)
3:00 PM GOLF UNI 2 – WITH GOLF PROFESSIONAL
5:00 PM TRANSFER BACK TO ISLAND BREEZE
7:00 PM DINNER AT OCEAN DUNES RESTAURANT
10:00 PM RETURN TO ACCOMMODATION
01 MAY 16: 08:00 AM BREAKFAST AT ISLAND BREEZE
08:45 AM DEPART FOR CAPE WICKHAM (APPROX. 40 MIN DRIVE PROVIDING NO CATTLE!)
10:00 AM GOLF ROUND 2: CAPE WICKHAM (18 HOLES)
2:30 PM PRE-PACKED LUNCH BOXES PROVIDED.
3:30 PM RETURN TO ISLAND BREEZE
6:15 PM DEPART FOR GRASSY (40 MINS DRIVE)
7:00 PM PRESENTATION DINNER AT WILD HARVEST RESTAURANT
02 MAY 16: 09:00 AM BREAKFAST AND CHECKOUT
10:00 AM DEPART FOR KING ISLAND DAIRY VISIT
11:00 AM DEPART FOR AIRPORT
12:30 PM DEPART KING ISLAND
13:30 PM ARRIVE ESSENDON AIRPORT
Cape -wickham -golf -king -island